ISIJ International, Special Issue on
“Frontier in characterization of materials and processes for steel manufacturing”
Material properties are strongly dependent on the chemical composition, texture and structure, and the processing conditions in the manufacture of various steel products are optimized using these guideposts. Therefore, in order to develop new materials and new processes, it is essential to develop analytical / observation methods for material characterization and optimize steel manufacturing processes. In recent years, progress in fundamental research and development of analytical / observation techniques based on new methods have been remarkable. It is extremely significant and timely to publish a special issue of cutting-edge research on analytical / observation techniques, that give information related to steel-related materials and their manufacturing processes, in an international academic journal. The analytical and observation techniques that fall under this scope are as follows: elemental analysis, surface analysis, texture / structure analysis, observation methods of precipitates and inclusions, and online / on-site analysis and so on. Further, this special issue also includes the results of research carried out in technical divisions of process evaluation & material characterization.
- 1. Scope:
- The scope of the special issue covers recent progress in analytical techniques for characterizing materials and processes, and their applications in the steel industry.
- 2. Submission of manuscript:
- 1) Submission deadline is 31st August, 2021.
- 2) Manuscript should be submitted in a style consistent with the “Instruction for Authors” and “Guide for the Preparation of a Manuscript ” of ISIJ International.
- 3) The manuscript should be submitted via ISIJ International online submission site on the following URL.
If you have any questions on the operation of electronic submission, please contact the Editorial group of ISIJ. (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 4) Authors wishing to submit review papers should contact to the following chief editor:Masanori Fujinami, Chiba University, School of Engineering, email@example.com
- 3. Schedule for issue:
- ISIJ International, Vol. 62 (2022), No. 5 (15 May, 2022)