ISIJ International, Special Issue on “Recent Progress in Inclusion/ Precipitate Engineering”
Inclusion/ precipitate particle behaviors in liquid steel and in solid steel influence strongly both the cleanliness and the material properties such as toughness of the steel materials, and consequently their controls are so important. These fundamental techniques have traditionally been called as “Clean Steel Technology” and “Oxide Metallurgy” respectively, and they have been utilized in practice. Today, directions of these two research have been partially overlapped, or remarkably evolved through their combination. As a result, they collectively have been called as "Inclusion/ Precipitate Engineering". With regard to the composition, the formation amount, and the size of various inclusions/ precipitates, in high alloy steels as well as carbon steels, it is highly expected to discuss the present states of these prediction methods using thermodynamics and growth kinetics and the control techniques based on them. Surely, it will lead to finding out the potential directions for the future progresses and applications.
In this special issue, with the aim of enhancing activities in the field of methods for predicting the composition, the formation amount and the size of various inclusions/ precipitates and control techniques based on them, latest research and review papers on the above will be widely invited. In addition to the general open call for papers, in this special issue, excellent papers will be invited from those presented in the international conference co-supported by the ISIJ, “The International Conference on Inclusion/ Precipitate Engineering in Steels (IPES2020)” (held on June 11th-12th June, 2020 in Stockholm), with the cooperation of the organizing committee of the above international conference.
- 1. Scope:
- This special issue widely treats latest research and reviewing, which are related to 1) methods for predicting the composition, the formation amount and the size of various inclusions/ precipitates and 2) control techniques based on them. Thus, the related thermodynamics, growth kinetics, Inclusion/ precipitate particle behavior, assessment techniques, and slags and fluxes physical properties, etc. also are included.
- 2. Submission of manuscript:
- 1) Submission deadline is 16th November, 2020.
- 2) Manuscript should be submitted in a style consistent with the ”Instruction for Authors” and “Guide for the Preparation of a Manuscript” of ISIJ International.
- 3) The manuscript should be submitted via ISIJ International online submission site on the following URL.
If you have any questions on the operation of electronic submission, please contact the Editorial group of ISIJ. (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 4) Authors wishing to submit review papers should contact to the following chief editor:
Prof. Hideki Ono,
Academic Assembly, Field of Sustainable Design, University of Toyama
- 3. Schedule for issue:
- ISIJ International, Vol.61(2021), No.9 (September, 2021)