ISIJ International, Special Issue on “Advances in TRIP effect Research”
High strength and high ductility are important in developments of advanced steels from the standpoints of the improvements of mechanical properties and the growing use of steels and a number of studies have been carried out from various viewpoints using strength mechanisms. This special issue deals with TRIP (Transformation induced transformation) effect due to the deformation induced martensitic transformation of (retained) austenite. Lots of works about TRIP effect as represented by Angel (1954) and Zackay (1967) have been reported before and the TRIP steels are potential candidates for automotive applications. This special issue aims at presenting the latest findings of TRIP effect and TRIP steels from the basics to the advanced level.
The TRIP effect is expected as an efficient strategy to develop TRIP steels with excellent strength-ductility balance in the researches of advanced high-strength steels (AHSS). On the other hand, there is room for further research into the relationship between the improvement of mechanical properties due to TRIP effect and the microstructure, the details of mechanical stability of retained austenite, and so on. This special issue is significant in order to gaining a better understanding of the current state of TRIP effect/TRIP phenomenon and is provided for publishing original papers concerning the latest ongoing researches and development activities.
- 1. Scope:
- We will publicly submit manuscripts concerning researches about improvements of mechanical properties due to TRIP effect/TRIP phenomenon, relationships between TRIP effect and microstructure, and developments of TRIP steels based on new viewpoints, etc.
- 2. Submission of manuscript:
- 1) Submission deadline is 30th, June, 2020.
- 2) Manuscript should be submitted in a style consistent with the “Instruction for Authors” and “Guide for the Preparation of a Manuscript” of ISIJ International.
- 3) The manuscript should be submitted via ISIJ International online submission site on the following URL.
If you have any questions on the operation of electronic submission, please contact the Editorial group of ISIJ. (E-mail: email@example.com)
- 4) Authors wishing to submit review papers should contact to the following chief editor: Associate Prof. Noriyuki Tsuchida
Graduate School of Engineering, University of Hyogo
2167 Shosham Himeji, Hyogo, 671-2280 Japan
- 3. Schedule for issue:
- ISIJ International, Vol.61(2021), No.2(February, 2021)