ISIJ International, Special Issue on “Toward Suppression of Hydrogen Absorption and Hydrogen Embrittlement for Steels”
Development and practical application of the high-strength steels have been conducted from viewpoints of structural use as well as save of resource and energy. However, hydrogen embrittlement (HE) is a serious concern with high-strength steels and many industries are strongly desiring countermeasures against HE. In the background, a lot of research activities and forums regarding the HE have been established and held frequently, and they have certainly accumulated a lot of fruits on ‘development of steels resistant to HE’ as well as ‘development of the steel resistant to hydrogen absorption into it’.
This special issue, therefore, would like to widely call for review papers and the latest research papers on the suppression of hydrogen absorption as well as HE for the steels. Your paper will surely consist of the latest and precious source on suppression of HE to high-strength steels in the issue.
- 1. Scope:
- This issue widely gathers the recent research activities and technical developments on suppression of HE of high-strength steels, such as hydrogen absorption into steels during aqueous and atmospheric corrosions, mechanism of hydrogen absorption, detection of hydrogen locally accumulating in steels, dependence of HE on composition, microstructure, dislocation, strength, electronic structure, and so on.
- 2. Submission of manuscript:
- 1) Submission deadline is 5th June, 2020.
- 2) Manuscript should be submitted in a style consistent with the “Instruction for Authors” and “Guide for the Preparation of a Manuscript” of ISIJ International.
- 3) The manuscript should be submitted via ISIJ International online submission site on the following URL.
If you have any questions on the operation of electronic submission, please contact the Editorial group of ISIJ. (E-mail: email@example.com)
- 4) Authors wishing to submit review papers should contact to the following chief editor: Prof. Takumi Haruna
Faculty of Chemistry, Materials and Bioengineering, Kansai University
3-3-35 Yamatecho, Suita, Osaka 564-8680, JAPAN
Phone: +81-6-6368-1121 (Ext.5650),
- 3. Schedule for issue:
- ISIJ International, Vol.61 (2021), No.4 (April, 2021)