ISIJ International, Special Issue on “Recent Approaches to Control of Cohesive Zone Phenomena and Improvement of Permeability in Blast Furnace”
In recent years, the blast furnace operation pursues to lower the carbon usage and to utilize the low-grade ironmaking resources due to the environmental and resource problems. Under such operations, it is expected the instability of the blast furnace operation to arise due to the lowered process driving forces and the deteriorated permeability. To maintain the efficiency and the stability of the blast furnace process, it is necessary to control the phenomena in the cohesive zone in which the major pressure drop in the blast furnace is generated. This special issue gathers the recent development and knowledge on the phenomena around the cohesive zone in the blast furnace. The topics cover not only the phenomena in the cohesive zone, such as the melt formation, softening and melting behavior of ore particle and bed, and gas permeability of the fused bed, but also the related issues such as reduction of iron ore, burden distribution and control, melt trickling behavior and raceway behavior. The researchers and engineers are encouraged to submit their research results that contribute to the highly efficient and low carbon blast furnace operations.
- 1. Scope:
- This issue comprehensively gathers the recent research activities and technical developments on cohesive zone phenomena and improvement of permeability in blast furnace to contribute realizing the highly efficient and stable operations of blast furnace under forthcoming resource and environmental circumstances.
- 2. Submission of manuscript:
- 1) Submission deadline is 1st, November 2019.
- 2) Manuscript should be submitted in a style consistent with the “Instruction for Authors” and “Guide for the Preparation of a Manuscript” of ISIJ International.
- 3) The manuscript should be submitted via ISIJ International online submission site on the following URL.
If you have any questions on the operation of electronic submission, please contact the Editorial group of ISIJ. (E-mail: email@example.com)
- 4) Authors wishing to submit review papers should contact to the following chief editor: Prof. Hiroshi Nogami
Institute of Multi-disciplinary Research for Advanced Materials, Tohoku University
2-1-1, Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai, 980-8577 Japan
Phone: +81-22-217-5156, Fax: +81-22-217-5211, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3. Schedule for issue:
- ISIJ International, Vol. 60 (2020), No. 7 (July, 2020)