ISIJ International, Special Issue on “Recent Progress of Technique Elements for New Cokemaking Process”
Recent years, while a manufacturing of high-strength coke for stable low RAR blast furnace operation is required to reduce CO2 emission, the price of high-quality coal remains at high level and its resource depletion will actually arise. From the point of view of securement of the cokemaking raw material resource with maintaining cost competitiveness, an urgent issue is to develop the technique which can widely utilize low-quality but inexpensive non or slightly caking coals, and convert unused carbon resources such as subbituminous / brown coals into cokemaking raw materials. Thus, it is important to promote the research on “New Cokemaking Process” which is able to use lower-quality coal and produce higher-quality coke.
Under such a background, papers by general authors as well as the members of the ISIJ research project “Technique Elements for New Cokemaking Process” are invited to contribute to this special issue. Wide range of studies, which can be bases of a new technique elements / process or a process improvement related with new cokemaking process are welcome to contribute the issue.
- 1. Scopes:
- Pretreatment technique of raw coal (reforming by chemical and physical operation), molding technology of raw coal particles, new carbonization technique (such as process which can minutely control the carbonization temperature, and other studies related with coke utilization and application.
- 2. Submission of manuscript:
- 1) Submission deadline is 30th, November, 2018.
- 2) Manuscript should be submitted in a style consistent with the “Instruction for Authors” and “Guide for the Preparation of a Manuscript ” of ISIJ International.
- 3) The manuscript should be submitted via ISIJ International online submission site on the following URL.
If you have any questions on the operation of electronic submission, please contact the Editorial group of ISIJ. (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 4) Authors wishing to submit review papers should contact to the following chief editor:Prof. Hideyuki Aoki
Department of Chemical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University
6-6-07, Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai, 980-8577 Japan
Phone: +81-22-795-7250, Fax: +81-22-795-7250, E-mail: email@example.com
- 3. Schedule for issue:
- ISIJ International, Vol. 59 (2019), No. 8 (August, 2019)