“Cutting-edge technologies and scientific researches of zinc and zinc alloy coated steel sheet”
For the surface treatment technology of the plating (especially, galvanized (GI) and galvannealed (GA)) steels, it is important to reveal the factors controlling the microstructure and the various properties of coating layer in order to improve the corrosion resistance and the mechanical properties of the plating layer. In this field, however, the basic research relatively lags behind the practical research which directly connects with manufacturing. Recently, some breakthrough technologies to meet demands to reducing the weight of vehicles and to environmental harmony properties are required. On the other hand, some advanced techniques, such as micromachining, high performance TEM and EPMA etc., have been developed. In such recent condition, the basic research so as to make some breakthrough in the GI and GA steels receives much attention.
In this special issue, original or review papers on recent technologies and forefront research for Zn and Zn alloy coated steels will be invited. In addition to open call manuscript, selected papers will be invited from those presented in “11th International Conference on Zinc and Zinc Alloy Coated Steel Sheet in Tokyo (Galvatech2017 Tokyo)” on 12-16th Nov 2017.
Scopes; (1) Innovative analysis on surface and interface structure, (2) Corrosion mechanism, (3) Thermodynamic assessment, (4) Computer simulation and numerical analysis, etc.
- 1. Submission of manuscript:
- 1) Submission deadline is December 15, 2017.
- 2) Manuscript should be submitted in a style consistent with the “Instruction for Authors” and “Guide for the Preparation of a Manuscript” of ISIJ International.
- 3) The manuscript should be submitted via ISIJ International online submission site on the
If you have any questions on the operation of electronic submission, please contactthe Editorial group of ISIJ. (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 4) Authors wishing to submit review papers should contact to the following chief editor:Prof. Shu Yamaguchi
Ionics Laboratory, Department of Materials Engineering, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo 7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-8656, Japan
Phone: +81- 03-5841-7078, Fax. +81- 03-5841-7078
- 2. Schedule for issue:
- ISIJ International, Vol. 58 (2018), No. 9 (September 15, 2018)